Monday, June 20, 2011

Food Lover

Okay I love food especially sweets.... always have and probably always will...but everything good still needs to be in moderation. There is nothing wrong with having some of the foods you like (candy etc)...and its actually a good thing because you do not want to gorge after trying to keep yourself away from it. For a while my mom was a single mom with three young kids. She worked very hard for us. Food was limited with her growing family but I am thankful for one thing-- I am not a picky eater and do not waste. Whatever was there, we ate. This has taught me so much being a stay at home mom because I grew up learning how to make things last, what you need, and really do not need. But I can say I want food that tastes good. I want to feel good and have food that tastes good. Is that too much to ask? Before Aaron and I had kids we ate out so much. I didn't realize it until my pants wouldn't button. Aaron did not have that problem but I sure did. I am still learning about being healthy. I still have some junk food in my house but I know my limits. Here are some tips that I've learned: use ground turkey instead of beef....its a lot cheaper and so much better for you; ditch the salt....a lot of can vegetables....meats...etc... already have salt added...you do not need the extra. Instead of the salt, use natural herbs and spices. Food can still taste great and keep your waistline looking great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment