Sunday, June 19, 2011

Never Let Go

Being a stay at home mom I sometimes forget about myself. Thank God I have my husband to help me remember that I am special too. When Noah was born I went back to work full time 9 weeks after having him. That was one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life....thankfully my mom was able to take care of him for me. With Elijah I made a way to stay home full time with my boys. It has not been easy....you really give up a lot.  One thing that I didn't realize is that you do not have to ever let go of yourself. I did though....I look back at pictures at my sloppiness and was not happy at what I saw. I was not happy with myself and it showed. Don't get me wrong I love my boys with all I am but I do love being me. I felt like I was a bad mom if I didn't do everything for my kids but I soon realized its okay to let go and let others help you. I decided to change...a little at a time...started working out...that made me feel great...even my mood and mind felt clearer...then I decided I wanted to go back to school....for myself...and I feel more accomplished. I am able to now realize that you have to have balance in every aspect of your life.  Make time for yourself and it'll make a big difference in how you feel about yourself. If you do not water your flowers often...won't they wither and die? Make sure you invest in yourself and then other relationships in your life will grow too. Even if its something little....like painting your toes.....do one thing a day to make you feel like you....or if that isn't possible...once a week. Life is way too short...be happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "If you do not water your flowers often...won't they wither and die?" SO TRUE! I had a hard time when I moved here and could not find a moms group that I fit into :( now I have that and work out and slowly am becoming the person I once knew. i love your blogs, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete